Do you want to enjoy a luxury holiday at an affordable price? Here are five tips to help you save big on hotel rooms.
By taking advice from family and friends, you can save big on a hotel without sacrificing quality or the services and amenities you deserve. But is this the only way? Here are some tips to help you save more.
1. Use comparison sites
There are several well-known websites that do an excellent job of finding the best hotel accommodation rates for you.
- These sites save you the headaches associated with a laborious search on one site at a time to be able to compare information. Indeed, they display the prices of several hotels side by side on a single page.
- A quick online search gives you the names of reliable websites to use in your area.
2. Opt for independence
The major hotel chains intend to make a profit, whatever the methods used.
- To save money on hotel stays, you can often take advantage of an excellent offer from lesser-known private hotels that are not necessarily in the middle of the action.
- Here too, word of mouth or an Internet search will allow you to discover these little treasures.
3. Travel out of season
Often, if not always, hotels significantly increase their prices on weekends and holidays.
- If you are looking for a hotel room at a better rate, consider travelling and staying in an off-season hotel or in the middle of the work week.
- Hotel prices are dictated by the fundamental laws of supply and demand. During the week, supply generally exceeds demand, resulting in a reduction in room prices.
- At the last minute, if there are still vacant rooms, prices are reduced further.
4. Look for professional discounts
Many companies offer discounts for employees who need to travel.
- They can actually represent a 40% saving in some cases, so don’t hesitate to contact your employer before travelling.
- Members of some associations also benefit from reduced prices for their members.
- You can still ask your family and friends if they know someone who works in the hotel industry to see if you can benefit from a special rate.
5. Take advantage of loyalty programs
Almost all hotels rely on their compensation and loyalty programs.
- Although some programs are better than others, most offer some form of discount for booking your next getaway in their facility.
- If you do not have a membership card, consider booking a hotel in which you have already stayed and let the booking agent or manager know that you are loyal.
As with everything else, it is essential to do research and undertake appropriate preparation to save on your next trip.